If you have knowledge of violations of securities laws or of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”), you might qualify for a reward under the SEC Whistleblower Program. Under the SEC Whistleblower Program, successful whistleblowers are eligible to receive a reward of 10-30% of the amount the SEC recovers in sanctions. The whistleblower must be the first to notify the SEC of the potential violation of federal securities laws.
Our securities lawyers have extensive experience representing whistleblowers in the SEC Whistleblower Program, and can help clients obtain awards resulting from successful SEC enforcement actions. Our securities lawyers represent whistleblowers who wish to report securities violations or other misconduct to the SEC, as well as whistleblowers that have already submitted their report and need representation in an SEC investigation.
Our whistleblower practice includes:
- Advising the potential whistleblower of any applicable rights and protections under federal securities laws;
- Assisting you with an evaluation of the information you have about potential misconduct and helping you determine whether you should/must first report the information to your employer (if you are a current employee of a company that may be involved in wrongdoing);
- Drafting and submitting a whistleblower complaint after fully researching potential violations of securities laws and compiling detailed evidentiary exhibits to support your claim;
- Act as the SEC’s point of contact concerning your claim;
- Representing you in any testimony you provide before the SEC;
- Staying apprised of the SEC;s actions based on your information; and
- Seeking an award on your behalf should the information you revealed result in a sanction of $1 million or more.
If you have information you would like to provide to the SEC or if you have provided such information to the SEC and were harmed by your employer as a result, please contact us today.